Pieces provided inside the box
Then, I sprayed the chassis in the Toyota 8K8 dark blue mica
With the chassis ready, I then started working on the interior and rims, first by applying primer
After airbrushing the light grey, the interior was again masked for the matt blue
The rims were next and these were first sprayed silver, added decals and then clear-coated
While test fitting the body onto the undercarriage, I noticed that the bigger wheels caused a considerable height between the body and the floor and decided that a small body-kit was necessary. So first I took the primer off the body using brake fluid and then I scratch-built a new front spoiler and side-skirts from automotive body filler which I then sanded smooth with the existing front bumper and original side strips. Here's the finished result
I also added a rear boot spoiler. This was originally a Tamiya 350Z boot spoiler which I had to seriously modify to fit!
All that remained, was to fully assemble the Vitz and take out the garage diorama for the completed pictures!